Marco Cabrera II
Traverse City, MI 49684
CU Solutions Group — December 2012 – Present
Front-end Team Lead/Senior Software Application Developer
- Assisted Team to come to an Agile Project Management style, Aided in Design of new application, created an application using Angular with a PHP backend to replace an application that currently supports over 275K+ users.
- Maintained and replaced sections of an application that supported over 275K+ active users. Implementing browser support enhancements utilizing jQuery and PHP web services.
- Developed event-based native Android applications (MCUL Advocacy and ACE) and mobile credit union website (Metro Shores) including a native amortization calculator.
Mac Update LLC — January 2012 – December 2012
Restructured database and code to use tagging instead of static categories. Improved load time of site by 60% by refactoring and optimizing existing code.
Systems in Motion — July 2011 – January 2012
Manager of Application Development
Development Manager and Lead Developer on an Agile team. Created and managed Employee Development Program, and a “lunch n learn” series.
- Employee Development Program - I developed this 4-week training program to educate new employees/recent graduates on how to work within an Agile Environment using PHP, MySQL, HTML, and CSS.
CU Solutions Group — July 2008 – July 2011
Software Application Developer
Virtual Creations LLC — 2006 – 2008
Senior Software Engineer
- Kraft Foods — A reporting tool allowing the HR admins to import data and generate customized reports, which had been previously compiled by hand.
Wayne State University — 2003 – 2006
Brought the web department from a team that constructed individual HTML pages into a department that created a Content Management System (CMS) to manage the sites, and started working with other departments to integrate their sites to the CMS. Led team to streamline procedures and develop a web style guide for W3C compliancy for CSS and XHTML.
Knorr Interactive — 2000 – 2002
Web Application Developer
Writing systems that allow for inventory, e-commerce, dynamic data reporting, and improve query speed within MSSQL.